Saturday, January 16, 2016

An inner glow. On the coldest days.

Wow! My wish for extreme weather is being granted. Another Arctic air blast has arrived.  Here in Minnesota. And it’s supposed to stick around for five days. Sunday’s high temperature – yes, the high -- is supposed to be 8 degrees below zero.  After an overnight low of 18 below. This morning, in preparation for the delightful frigid onslaught, I installed a thin see-through  insulation. On the windows. In dear cat Loverboy’s room.  Because he’s a sissy. Meanwhile, I’ll try to set a fine example. By walking outdoors. Daily. For 10 miles. I’m not a lamebrain though. Venturing out. Mostly when the sun is shining. The cars are nestled in the garage.  But still, I’ll start them several times a day.  I have provisions. To last me a week or more. Happy. Happy. Happy. To feel the thrill of true winter. In an age of global warming. I’ll pretend. For a while. That I’m in exotic Norway. Yes, there are similarities. Between Minnesota and Norway. Little wonder that Scandinavians settled in Minnesota. Reminded them of their homeland. Nirvana. Paradise. Anyway, another sign. That I am in love. With winter. With life. With the fresh, clean and stimulating air. Little wonder. I’m feeling an inner warmth. On the coldest, coldest  days. --Jim Broede

No comments: