Sunday, January 3, 2016

Makes me feel emotionally drained.

Can’t quite decide.  Whether it’s good or bad. To control my emotions. Sometimes I do. Other times I don’t. Of course, I’m emotionally involved. With my Italian amore Cristina. And that makes me happy. Because it’s true love. And all is going well. Meanwhile, my dear friend Julie makes me sad. Can’t help it. Because I’m emotionally involved. Watching. As Julie’s physical and mental health deteriorates. She’s an alcoholic and in deep depression. And I’m at a loss. Over what to do about it. When my sister had a drinking problem, I wrote her off. Kept my emotional distance. Until she quit. But I find it almost impossible to ignore Julie. I care too much.  I’m too emotionally attached. And it’s having a negative effect. On my peace of mind. Makes me feel emotionally drained. That’s bad. Not good. --Jim Broede

No comments: