Sunday, January 17, 2016

Please, give me equal treatment.

Life isn’t long enough. I need more time. Preferably forever. But certainly at least 1,000 years. Maybe I could settle for being a Methuselah. Sort of a compromise. Of course, when I turn 969, I’d probably ask for an additional 1,000 years. Because I miscalculated. I still would need more time. To accomplish everything. To my supreme satisfaction. Heck, I won’t even come close. If I have only 80 or 90 years. To pack it all in. That’s hardly a beginning. I’ve barely got a feel for the life force. Having wasted far too much time.  But truth be told. There’s been little time to start with. I deserve a better deal. All I want now. Is the opportunity to make my case. With the powers that be. Don’t I deserve the same break? The same blessing?. As Methuselah.  Please, give me equal treatment. --Jim Broede

No comments: