Thursday, January 28, 2016

Taking my jolly good time, too.

Yes, I’d love having  the Methuselah gene. Living to the ripe age of 969. That means I’d outlast my friends and acquaintances. In fact, I’d outlive every living soul that’s on Earth today. Imagine that. Of course, that means attending a fair  number of funerals. But at least it wouldn’t be my funeral. And after decent periods of mourning, I could get on with living. Happily. Though those who died, might be happier than me. Having ascended to a much-preferred spiritual realm. Thing is. I can be happy. Under many, many varied circumstances. I try to make the best. Of every situation. That I find myself in. And there’s so much that I could accomplish. By sticking around for another 889 years. Allowing me to take my jolly good time, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: