Monday, February 15, 2016

My declaration of superiority.

I’m distinctive. Unique. The one and only Jim Broede. Little wonder. That people accuse me of being narcissistic. As if that’s a malady. A curse. Funny thing. I consider myself blessed. Because I am distinctive. Unique. Perhaps one of a kind. Oh. there are other beings. Very much like me. But I’m conscious. Of being me. A specific me. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. Of course, I’m fully capable of being self-centered. At almost any time.  Oh, I take interest in other people. I even fall in love. With others. And I try to treat my fellow beings with the utmost respect. I’m willing to make self-sacrifices. To benefit others. Including society as a whole.  We are all in this world. Together. Therefore, it’s important to work for the common good. But hey, nothing wrong with working for my own good, too. Actually, I feel it benefits me. When I labor physically, mentally and emotionally for the common good. In my unique and distinctive ways. By falling in love. With life. With friends. With me, too Nothing wrong with me liking me.  Yes, I have rock solid self-esteem. With no qualms about declaring. That I’m a superior human being. And that one of the Great Lakes has been named after me. Lake Superior. –Narcissistic Jim.

No comments: