Saturday, March 26, 2016

Better to laugh than cry.

Give me the news. Straight. And to the point. In the process, I don’t have to be entertained.  Unfortunately, the news business, which I used to be in, has become entertainment. The public wants to be entertained. Rather than informed. Entertainment sells. Straight and accurate news doesn’t. Anyway, that’s my impression. If nothing else, we’re having an entertaining nominating process. For the next presidential election. The focus is on the entertaining stuff. If it happens to be silly and scurrilous, so be it. That’s more entertaining than focusing on real issues.  Or so the news media keep telling us. Makes me wonder. What we’ve come to. As a society. I’m watching. And believe me. It’s very, very entertaining. Scary, too. But I’ve concluded. It’s better to laugh than cry. --Jim Broede

No comments: