Thursday, March 31, 2016

Good crazy and bad crazy.

It’s all right to be crazy. That is, if one is constructive crazy. For which I qualify. I have crazy habits. Such as walking 10 miles daily. Up to 70 miles in a week. I have crazy idiosyncrasies, too. Such as being addicted to the Chicago Cubs. I dwell on the Cubs. They’re an obsession. And I write crazy stuff. Daily. And I’ve fallen in love with an Italian. And traipse off to Italy. To be with her. And I’m in touch with her daily. On Skype. And I’m a romantic idealist, a spiritual  free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. Yes, so very many crazy pursuits But I do no harm. To myself. Or to others. That’s what I mean. Being constructive crazy. Unfortunately, I know too many friends and acquaintances who are destructive crazy.  Such as my dear friend Julie, the alcoholic and depression-riddled. She harms herself. And others, too. I’d have no complaints about Julie. If she were constructive crazy. I deal with Julie. In my role as a dreamer. I dream about the day when Julie becomes good crazy. --Jim Broede

No comments: