Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Significant. From my perspective.

I tend to find significance. In things. That initially seemed insignificant. Because I allow the thought process to percolate. To evolve. In essence, I search for reasons to make the insignificant become significant. For instance, the premature deaths of my maternal grandparents. At the relatively young ages of 26 and 38. Both of whom I never knew. Anyway, their early deaths turned out to be a blessing. For me. Because it prompted my mother into a marriage of convenience. For reasons of security. Rather than love. She probably would never have married my father. If her parents had lived a normal life span. That would have been bad news for me. I’d never have been born. But here I am. Alive and happy, 80 years later. Indeed, that’s very significant. From my perspective. --Jim Broede

No comments: