Friday, March 18, 2016

The pleasures and benefits of sleep.

No sense in losing sleep. Over virtually anything. When going to bed at night, I cleanse my mind of negative thoughts. It’s easy. Comes naturally. After all, I’m entitled to sweet dreams.  Or no dreams at all. Sleep is a gift. A blessing  An opportunity to rest one’s mind. So that one wakens refreshed. Thankfully, I’m not an insomniac. I fall asleep within minutes of my bulky head hitting the soft pillow.  As a prelude to bedtime, I generally sit down at the computer. And write. In ways that put my mind at ease.  Rarely do I sleep in a steady stream that lasts for eight hours, or more. Instead, I like to wake in a few hours. To stimulate my mind. And to exercise my fertile imagination. About the pleasures and benefits of going back to sleep.--Jim Broede

No comments: