Thursday, April 7, 2016

An extra day to achieve.

The way I look at life. Almost everything I do. Is an achievement. That helps me. Feel good about myself.  Unfortunately, not all of my friends look at themselves as achievers. My friend Julie, for instance, considers herself a failure. Because she can’t seem to overcome daily bouts of depression. She has cultivated a low self-esteem. A defeatist attitude. She’s paranoid. Too often thinking that the world has teamed up against her. I’m trying to convince Julie to adopt another mindset. That of an achiever. Taking life one day at a time. All she needs is a single achievement. Every day. For a year. Imagine that. A string of 365 achievements. In a single year. Wow! And this year, she’ll have a bonus. An extra day to achieve. Because it’s a leap year. --Jim Broede

No comments: