Sunday, April 3, 2016

Despairing friends don't bother me.

Some call it a soul. I call it a spirit. That’s what I have. Can’t prove it.  But that doesn’t matter. Because I believe what I want to believe.  Without verifiable proof. Might as well. I have nothing to lose. By believing in whatever makes me happy. That’s my major goal in life. To be happy. And content. Every day. I find reason to be happy. May take no more than a sunny day. Yes, I’ll even settle for a cloudy and rainy day. Just the fact that I’m here to witness the day. That’s good enough for me. I have some unhappy friends. Just because they can’t believe what they want to believe. In happiness. So they navigate through life. Dwelling on their unhappiness. Fortunately, those despairing friends don’t bother me. After all, I’m occupied. Being happy.  -Jim Broede

No comments: