Friday, April 29, 2016

Nothing shameful.

I’m seldom at a loss for words. Don’t know if that’s an attribute. Or a liability. Occasionally gets me into trouble. But often, having something to say. Can lead to better understandings. And better relationships. People tell me that I have a big mouth. More kiddingly than seriously. Or so I assume. Maybe I’d be better off. Keeping some thoughts to myself. But I’d rather say too much. Rather than too little.  I’m a good listener. Mostly because it creates opportunities to respond. To stir conversation. Once upon a time, I might have been considered shy. Hesitant to approach strangers. But that didn’t make sense. Because I’m naturally curious. About life. About people.  About the ways of the world.  I’m compelled. To figure out.  What’s going on. What’s happening. Don’t want to go through life harboring secrets. Give me openness. Nakedness. Yes, I have nothing to hide. Nothing shameful. --Jim Broede

No comments: