Sunday, May 15, 2016

And I object.

Theoretically. I’d like everything to fall into place. Just the way I want it to. To conform with my concept of  perfection. And of moral right. Yes, the so-called right thing to do. Of course, that won’t happen. Just as well. Because I’d then be all-powerful. Even more powerful than the creator himself. The creator, after all, seems to have left everything to random chance. Just let things happen. Willy-nilly. Probably because that’s the fairest way. Better than favoring any individual. Let it be. The way it works in a lottery. Imagine me. Dictating the outcome of the lottery. I’d pick me. As the sole winner  And even I have to admit. That ain’t right. Ain’t fair. But still, we humans are masters at rigging economic, social and political systems. To give the power to an elite few. That’s the way it is. And I object. --Jim Broede

No comments: