Wednesday, May 11, 2016

No longer too dumb to know it.

Just thinking. That I’ve lived an incredibly long time. Makes me blessed, I suppose. I can hardly remember my father.  He died a long, long time ago. In 1949. When I was 13. Fortunately. I seem to have inherited my mother’s genes. She lived to 88. And might have made it longer. If she hadn’t been such a worry wart.  And taken a more optimistic and revered slant on life.   She’d be 102, and counting.  Which isn’t all that outlandish. Anyway, it’s easier remembering my mother than my father. Though both seem in the relatively distant past. Which is sort of nice.   No need to grieve anymore. I have time and opportunity to embellish the memories.  By connecting to their spirits.  Of course, I could wait to die. For entry into the spirit world. But that’s not me. I’d rather connect while I’m still in the physical realm. Might as well do it now. Today. Yes, I’m connected. For a chat. With mom’s and dad’s spirits. Always have been. It’s so easy. No longer am I too dumb to know it.  --Jim Broede

No comments: