Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Why I sleep so well.

I knew it had to happen. Sooner or later. The Cubs lost two games in a row. For the first time this season. I know. I know. No reason to be upset. It’s a long, long baseball season. Yes, 162 games. And the Cubs have a 25-8 record. Still the best in the major leagues. And I’m happy about that.  And really, it shouldn’t matter to me. Even if the Cubs lose 10 straight.  A baseball game is a baseball game. That’s all it is. A game.  Anyway, the Cubs just came off an 8-game winning streak. That means they have still won 8 of their last 10 games. I have nothing to complain about. But still, I complain. Just for the sake of complaining. Life is full of wins and losses. Really, I’ve learned to take it all in stride. By savoring the wins. And by accepting the setbacks.  When I go to bed every night, I remind myself. That I’ve had a winning day. Can’t remember the last time I had a losing day. Maybe that’s why I sleep so well. --Jim Broede

No comments: