Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Making the world a better place.

My dear friend Julie continues to get better and better and better. By trading a bad addiction for a good addiction. ‘I’ve become addicted to flowers,’ Julie declares. ‘I’d rather have flowers in my life than wine.’  Believe me. It’s true. Julie is as sober as a beautiful rose. Her yard is full of flowers. Hanging flowers. Potted flowers. Window boxes full of flowers. I’d rather spend money on flowers than on wine,’ Julie says. Emphatically. Yes, she’s addicted. To flowers. When Julie sees a flower sale, she can’t resist. She pleads with everyone. To take her shopping. For flowers.  Julie even insists that others follow in her footsteps. That I buy flowers. For my garden.  Julie wants to turn the world into a floral masterpiece. And do you know what?  It’s a good idea. I like the new Julie. She’s making the world a better place. --Jim Broede

No comments: