Thursday, June 30, 2016

Maybe it's unwise. To know it all.

I had a dream. Maybe a nightmare. About trying to absorb too much knowledge. And my mind was being overwhelmed. In trying to absorb it all. So much so. That I yelled, ‘Stop. Stop. Stop.’ I wanted the spigot of knowledge to be shut off. Because my life was becoming  unbearable. In my futile attempt to retain it all. Better to absorb a little. A trickle of knowledge. And be satisfied. By savoring little bits. Knowing there will be more coming. Better to turn off the spigot. And wait. Until I am ready. And rested. Able to truly savor what I am learning. At my own leisurely pace. Yes, I don’t have to know everything all at once. Or for that matter. Maybe it’s unwise. To know everything. Yes, it could be a curse. Not a blessing. To know it all. --Jim Broede

No comments: