Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The good stuff...amidst the turmoil.

Sure, there’s turmoil in he world. So many unhappy and disgruntled people. Terrorists. Killing. Killing. Seems like. Just for the sake of killing. Even killing themselves. With bombs. In ways that take innocent bystanders. With them. Seems so crazy. So hateful. So alien to the goodness of life. And here in America. In the rest of the world, too. Bigoted politicians. So hateful. Toward each other. Blaming. Blaming. Everyone but themselves. For the world’s turmoil.  Beating each other up. With scurrilous and angry and hostile words. Yes, that’s what I see and hear. But still, I find ways to be happy. Every day.  By reminding myself. That I am in love. With blessed life. With my Italian amore. With precious moments.  Yes, if I had a choice. I’d live in this world. Forever.  In order to savor the good stuff. That I am still able to find. Amidst the savagery and turmoil. --Jim Broede

No comments: