Monday, July 18, 2016

No thanks, to mythical perfection.

I am comfortable. With me. With what I am doing. The way I am living. With what I am writing. And thinking. Yes, I am going about the pursuit of happiness. Some people tell me I’m doing too much. That I should slow down. Take more time off. But the point is, I don’t want time off. I want to go on and on and on. Forever. Non-stop. Because that’s me. The natural me. The me that’s in love. With life.  Of course, I have associates/acquaintances who would like to change me. For the better, they say. But that would be a waste of time. I’m satisfied with me. Even with all my foibles and blemishes.  I don’t mind being imperfect. That’s the true and blue me. Better that. Than pursuing mythical perfection. Merely to suit someone other than me. --Jim Broede

No comments: