Thursday, July 7, 2016

With complete peace of mind.

My biggest weakness. Is wanting things over which I have no control, to go my way. And if they don’t, I get easily demoralized. In fact, downright upset. Of course, I’d be much better off, mentally and emotionally, if I routinely declared ho-hum. And didn’t let it bother me. Instead, I often fret. And might even lose sleep. Of course, I acknowledge that’s stupid. I’d be much better off saying what will be, will be.  And get on with life. By pursuing stuff over which I have control. Anyway, I’m working on it. Right now. I’m writing this piece. In an effort to set myself straight.  By finding ways to turn my weakness into a strength. I’m going to bed tonight. With firm resolve. To not fret. Over stuff that I can’t control. Yes, I’m going to take charge. And fall asleep. In a few minutes. With complete peace of mind. --Jim Broede

No comments: