Monday, August 22, 2016

A dreamless reality.

Give me time to dream. That’s a benefit of being on vacation. I had time to dream. In my sleep. More than usual.  Of course, I also continue to day dream. In an effort to make sense of my night dreams. Sometimes, I wonder if I’m dreaming round the clock. Day and night. In order to find meaning. If not immediately. Maybe in a week or two – or even much later. Several weeks ago, while traveling in Canada, I got up at 3 in the morning. To ponder my night dream.  I had already forgotten much of  the dream.   I should have put the dream in writing. Instantly. While it was still fresh. Though I often wonder, it it’s really necessary to analyze my dreams. Perhaps we humans have become too analytical.  Animals don’t analyze. They just live. For the day. By instinct. That’s what I was thinking about when I went to bed. A few hours after visiting museums dedicated to the study of wolves and bears. And the way they live and think. Seems that they live to survive. Merely by being their natural selves. Without giving thought to yesterday, today and tomorrow. No musing. No reflecting.  Wolves and bears are what they are. And that’s good enough. No desire to be something else. Better to be their true selves. Without question. But here I am. Raising questions. Pondering. About my own being. The whys and wherefores of my life. I am compelled. To think. To muse. About everything. Maybe my life is a continuous dream. That will end. When I awaken to a new and fully conscious and dreamless reality. --Jim Broede

No comments: