Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A mere sip of the good life.

I’m trying to be happy. When my cup runneth over. And not ask for more.  Though that’s what I want.  Perfection from my Chicago Cubs. They have the best record (80-45) in major league baseball.  In the old days, I’d have settled for the Cubs splitting their games. A so-called average season. But now I want it all. Everything.  A World Series. In which the Cubs dominate.  It’s hard to tell myself to settle for anything less. I’ve become spoiled. By Cubs baseball riches.  Second best won’t be good enough.  When really it should.  I’m similar to the billionaire. Who never has enough. Always an insatiable desire for more. I keep musing. Settle for less. Life is still good. Without everything. I’m blessed. Even when my cup doesn’t runneth over. Give me a mere sip of the good life. --Jim Broede

No comments: