Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A way to the good life.

This may sound egotistical. From my perspective, I’m the most important person in the world. That’s the way it should be. I have to take care of myself. One way or another. Because if I don’t, there’s no guarantee that others will do it for me. Meanwhile, I have no qualms about taking care of others. But if I don’t take care of myself, I’m likely to be in no position to care for others. Therefore, I put myself first and foremost. I encourage others to do much the same.  Yes, it’s an individual approach to life. Of course, some are incapable of caring for themselves. They need help. Which society is capable of providing. Face it. Truth be told. I like and respect me.  But I can’t force others to. Fortunately, some do. But others don’t. Incidentally, the people I like most are the ones that like and respect themselves.  And they aren’t necessarily egotistical about it. It’s simply a practical and productive way to the good life.  --Jim Broede

No comments: