Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sweet and pleasant dreams.

I wonder what it means. To take care of one’s self. Depends upon the individual, I suppose. For me, it means being happy. And in love. With life. And with someone other than myself.  Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it?  No doubt about it. I’m in love. But I need reminders. And I have them. Every day. In my Italian amore, Cristina. And my cat, Loverboy. And in just being alive. In vibrant ways. It helps. That I am able to write. And to muse. About the wonders of life. About being truly alive.  And going to breakfast. This morning. With dear friends. No doubt. I have problems. Mental. Emotional. Physical. Like everyone else. But I love to cope. With life’s daily challenges.  Hardly ever do I go to bed. In anything other than a happy frame of mind. Amazing, too. I wake up happy. Yes, I’m off to a good start. Knowing there’s a good finish ahead. Tonight. When I fall asleep.  Drifting into sweet and pleasant dreams. --Jim

No comments: