Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I will have it all.

My disappointments in life have been relatively small. Even trivial in the grand scheme. For instance, the death of my first true love. Jeanne. From Alzheimer’s. That loss was outweighed. By the fact that I had Jeanne’s physical presence for almost 40 years. And she’s still with me. In loving spirit. Furthermore, I have a second true love. My Italian amore, Cristina. For eight years now. Yes. I’ve had a blessed life. With two true loves. And here I am. Still in the now. Savoring life. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. For 81 years, and counting.  Being what I want to be. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A writer. A lover. A dreamer. What more can I ask for? Well, for starters. Give me life as a spirit. In a non-physical realm. On the same level as the creator himself. No. No. I don’t want to be a god. But I want everlasting, conscious life. So that I can communicate. And move about anywhere in the infinite cosmos. So that I can be reunited. With my loved and meaningful ones. Finally, I will no longer have reason to be disappointed. I will have it all. --Jim Broede

No comments: