Friday, November 11, 2016

Discovering the blessing of life.

I’m benefiting today. From the 13 years that I spent. As an Alzheimer’s care-giver. For my dear wife Jeanne. Goes to show that it wasn’t a bad experience, after all. Though I wasn’t always so sure of it. Took time for it to sink in. Now I know better. Because the experience, day in and day out, helped me put life in a better/more positive perspective. Taught me how to live properly. In appreciation of life. In loving ways. Even in the worst of times. Always. There is something about life to relish. Just look around. Often there’s something to be found. A reminder that life isn’t as bad as it seems at the moment. Because one is alive and with it. Fully capable of being a care-giver. For one’s dearest true love. Yes, Alzheimer’s taught me to truly care. About Jeanne. About life. About everything. I am today what I am. In large part. Due to the Alzheimer’s experience. Yes, I’ve been blessed. And I know it. The same may go for you still active care-givers. Still in the midst of very difficult times. But keep the faith. Give it time. You, too, may some day discover. That you’ve been blessed. --Jim Broede

No comments: