Sunday, November 20, 2016

Give me something better.

I do earnestly take life one day at a time. That’s the problem. I don’t like what’s happening. On our political scene. Today. And yesterday, too. And most likely tomorrow and next week and next month and next year.  I don’t like the trend. My daily disappointments. In mankind. The lack of civility. The lack of respect. The lying. The cheating. The bullying. Name it. I don’t like the way it’s changing the personalities of some of my dearest friends.  We are being separated. By politics. By the lack of compromise. By the refusal to work together. For the common good. I am disappointed. To a degree. Like never before.  Thank gawd. I still have my amore. I still have a wonderful and blessed life. In so very many ways. But I find it very difficult accepting the state of our politics. Whether it be today. Short-term. Or long term. Please. Please.  Give me something better. Starting today. I don’t want to wait until tomorrow. --Jim Broede

No comments: