Saturday, November 26, 2016

One day at a time.

Positive thinking. It’s important. Especially the older I get. Because I’m getting closer to the end of life. I don’t have time to waste. On negative thinking. Better to fill the rest of my life with positive thoughts. In my youth, I had time to waste. Or so I assumed. That maybe I’d live forever. Indeed, ample time to get things right.  Now I ask myself, ‘Where has all the time gone?’  My gosh, 81 years, and  counting. Used to be that maybe I had another 50 or so left.  But now I know, for sure. I ain’t making it to 131. Not even close. Of course, I’m happy having made it this far.  Still able to amble 10 miles a day. And to dream. Of a future. Albeit, better to not get too far ahead of myself. Best to take it one day at a time. --Jim Broede

No comments: