Thursday, November 24, 2016

The mythical good deal.

I've been shopping for a used car. And don’t know exactly how to go about it. Basically, I want a fair deal. Fair to me. And fair to the dealer. Yes, I know that dealers sell cars for a profit. But I don’t want the dealer to make too much money. At my expense.  So right now. We are playing games. With each other.  I dislike playing games. Especially with used car salesmen. I told him that I want the same sort of deal he might give to his mother. Of course, I know that won’t happen. But still, I want him to look at me as special. A close friend. Again, that may be asking for too much.  I have a cleaning lady. Her brother is sales manager for a big dealership. She recommends that I go to him. For a good deal.  I’m not sure anymore. Whether there’s such a thing. As a good deal. --Jim Broede

No comments: