Friday, November 18, 2016

When I die.

Could be that most Americans don’t give a damn. About who’s the president. They have better things to occupy their mind and life.  More personal stuff.  Closer to home. They don’t care about political issues. They’d rather watch the football game. And have a nice dinner. And go to a movie.  Or read  a book. Or chat with friends. They don’t even care about who’s on the city council or the school board. As for me, I’d probably be better off and happier.  If I were more like the people I’m talking about. Not caring all that much about government and politics. Not even bother going to the polls on election day. The problem with me. Is that I care too much. Often, I become sad and upset. Over election results.  I brood. Almost as much as I do when the Chicago Cubs lose a baseball game. Oh, if only I cared less. About a lot of things. Maybe that will happen some day. When I die. --Jim Broede

No comments: