Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A dream. No nightmare.

If this is life. With no afterlife. I won’t be disappointed. Because I won’t know it. I came from nothing. And I’ll have returned to nothing. Yes, that’s a possibility. I should still feel blessed. Because I caught a glimpse of life. And discovered love. Albeit, I’ll be gone. And without any memory of ever having lived or loved. That’s the nature of being nothing.  There is no memory. Simply, nothing.  I used to dread, if not fear, the prospect of becoming nothing again. But then, I imagined. That I am spirit. Dreaming. That I exist in a physical state. And that what seems like my inevitable demise – well, it won’t be. Instead, I’ll awaken. With a sigh of relief. Finally knowing who and what I really am. A blessed spirit. Having had a pleasant dream. And not a horrible nightmare. --Jim Broede

No comments: