Saturday, December 3, 2016

Egads!!! That's sad.

It’s reasonable. To live happily. At least 350 days a year. That leaves only 15 days of unhappiness. Or 16 days in a leap year. Goes to show. That I’m not a Pollyanna. I leave room for days that don’t come off too well.  Yes, I’m willing to concede that 365 straight days of bliss may be unrealistic. Some may achieve it. And gawd bless them. Occasionally, I slip into the doldrums. By harboring negative thoughts. That make me more unhappy than happy. Usually for no more than a day or two. Even when I profess being in love. With life.  Of course, I wish for a full year of uninterrupted happiness. And that’s my goal. But I have yet to attain such perfection. The closest I’ve come is 354 days. And if I go way, way back, I recall a year or two when I barely exceeded 300 days of happiness. Imagine that, being unhappy. For 8 or 9 weeks in a single year.  But even more difficult for me to imagine are reports that some people live an entire year. Without a single happy day. Egads!!! That’s sad. --Jim Broede

No comments: