Friday, December 9, 2016

Sinking into depression.

What if there is no god? To help us. To save us from Donald Trump. Then who steps in? Yes, we Americans. As a nation. Are in big trouble. That’s the way I see it. Because a wild-eyed minority. The Trumpians. Or is it the Trumpites? Elected Donald Trump. A court jester. An entertainer. A nincompoop. As our next president. It’s gonna happen, folks. The inauguration is several weeks away.  Here I am. In danger. Because I’m an outspoken critic. Of what’s happening to my country. No. No. Wait. It’s no longer my country. My country has been stolen. By the avid supporters of Donald Trump. I must go into hiding. Into my cocoon. Into the underground.  Pretending that I have created a safe haven. A place to mark time. In the lonely darkness. Waiting. Waiting for the day that the sun shines again. --Jim Broede

No comments: