Saturday, December 3, 2016

One way or another.

I suspect. That levels of depression and suicide. Will increase dramatically. Over the next several years.  Because Donald Trump is president. My friend Rosie, a Trump supporter. Tells me no, no, no. Give Trump a chance. That Trump is worth the risk. That he will do much good. That he won’t wreak the ruination of the nation.  That Trump is what this nation needs. To solve our political problems. And to make life right again. Yes, this from Rosie. A retired psychiatric nurse.  A dear and trusted friend. Rosie remains dear. But I’m not so sure about the trusted part anymore. Especially when it comes to politics. I’m in the doldrums. And I blame that on the rise of Trump. Of course, I’ll never commit suicide. I have more reasonable and sensible alternatives. Such as retreating to safety in my cozy cocoon. Or by fleeing to another country. Maybe even to my own concocted fantasy land. An insane asylum in the sky. Staffed by the best psychotherapists of the spirit. Yes. Yes. I am committed. To remaining steadfastly in love. With life. One way or another. --Jim Broede

No comments: