Friday, December 16, 2016

Strange and fabulous ways.

I am primarily trying to find and understand myself. First and foremost. Prior to finding and understanding others. Don’t know if that’s necessarily a fault.  Because if I don’t grasp who I am. How can I be expected to grasp and savor the others in my strange and fabulous life? Yes, that’s what I am. Nothing less than strange and fabulous. Knowing that. Helps me to welcome other strange and fabulous beings.  The nicest thing about it. Is that we are all different. In our own strange and fabulous ways.  My Italian amore, for instance. Is even more strange and fabulous than me  Which makes her superior. And different. In so many, many ways. It’s a privilege and a blessing to have her in my life. I accept her. Totally. For who and what she is. Unique. One of a kind. Just as I am to her. Unique and one of a kind. That’s what I try to do with everyone. All of my friends and acquaintances. Even with strangers. As I get to know them. So they no longer remain strangers. I draw them into my inner sanctum. And often they allow me to enter theirs. In strange and fabulous ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: