Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The lowest form of life.

I’m looking. For decent human beings. And I don’t know how to go about it. First of all, I have to decide what’s decent? And maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong places. Such as the political arena. I found Barack Obama. He’s decent. But he’s leaving office in 30 days. And guess who’s coming to the White House? A liar, a cheat, a money-grubber. A most indecent politician. By my definition, most politicians would qualify as indecent jerks. Obama is an exception. Maybe, if pressed, I could think of several others. That I would hold in high esteem. But most politicians turn me off. Especially the Republicans. They have virtually no redeeming traits. Of course, I am being judgmental. And that may not be the fair and decent thing to do. But I can’t help it. I have an inner drive. To single out the world’s most indecent people.  So far, I’ve discovered indisputable evidence of the lowest indecent form of life.  Maybe it’s mere coincidence. But they all happen to be politicians. --Jim Broede

No comments: