Friday, January 13, 2017

A moral quandary.

My inclination. Is to divide humanity. Between the decent folks. And the not-so-decent. Of course, I prefer associating with the decent. But I can’t always be sure which is which. Eventually I learn.  The hard way. By bitter experience. I try to keep an open mind. Before making a judgment call. Many of us keep flitting back and forth. In our daily lives. Between vile and decent acts. We are feeling our way. I can be a bad boy or a good boy. I’m tempted, for instance, to treat indecent people indecently. From a moral point of view, maybe that’s not right. Two wrongs don’t always make it okay. Take the matter of capital punishment. It’s probably wrong to execute murderers. Anyway, I like to engage in conversation. Over the definition of right and wrong. In many situations, it’s difficult making a distinction. Thereby, leaving me in a moral quandary.  --Jim Broede

No comments: