Monday, January 23, 2017

My philosophical bent.

I’m strictly an observer of world events. A spectator. With absolutely no control over the outcomes. Therefore, I don’t allow myself to lose sleep. Over the often sad turn of events. Stuff happens. Of course, I could make my life easier. By shunning news reports. By wearing blinders. Which I’m tempted to do.  But don’t. Because I’m motivated to stay informed. It’s my nature. To be curious. About how the world operates.  That’s why I spent most of my life as a journalist. Really, an observer who writes about what I see. Yes, a way to make a living. Now that I’m retired. I still write. About life.  Mostly for the fun of it. Don’t get paid any more. Just as well. Gives me the freedom to write as I please. Not by the dictates of others. Allows me to be more philosophical. Makes me wonder. If I would choose to be a philosopher. That is, if I had the opportunity to start life over.  I’d also consider pursuits as a stand-up comic or a monk holed up in a remote monastery. --Jim Broede

No comments: