Monday, February 13, 2017

A better place. Without me.

I wonder. What it would be like. To withdraw from the world. For a year or two.  Shut off completely. From what’s happening back in civil society. No news.  No contact with the outside world. Isolation. Similar to being stranded on a desert island. I’d get by. As long as I had food. And books. And pen and paper. That would be sufficient. Anyway. I’d likely feel good about the experience. Though I’d miss my Italian amore. And a few friends. But it would be an interesting experiment. I like the notion. Of being separated from the rest of mankind. Of course, I’m generally a curious fellow.  Keeping tabs on current events. I’m reasonably social, too. But I could put that all aside. And use the opportunity of self-exile to stir my mind.  With deep thought. Including conversations with myself. And with spirits, mythical and otherwise.  Upon return to civilization, I’d hope to have discovered. That the world became a better place. Without me. --Jim Broede

No comments: