Thursday, February 9, 2017

A refreshing outlook.

I refuse to be god-fearing. I look at my creator as the creator. I prefer that over the term ‘god.’  I give him credit.  For creating me. I can’t speak for others. That’s their choice. As to what to believe. My creator is a creator of love. Not to be feared. He doesn’t even require me to believe in him beyond a doubt. Doesn’t matter. He treats religious believers and atheists alike. He tells me that some atheists live more pure lives than the believers. And that’s why, ultimately, he saves everyone. Because he practices pure love. Pure forgiveness.  Everyone is saved. Even those who lived before the creation of organized religions.  Even before civilized societies. Actually, he has doubts about whether we’ve ever had a truly civilized society. Maybe that comes only in the spiritual realm. Maybe ‘completely civilized’ is meant to be impossible in the physical realm. Who knows? My creator wants everyone to get a taste of physical existence. To pave the way for spiritual existence. Then it’s an entirely different ball game.  Everyone automatically falls in love. With the spiritual. Because they know instantly that it’s far better than the physical. They are enamored with their new life.  It is bliss. Doesn’t matter whether it’s called Heaven or Nirvana or Valhalla or Paradise. And everyone finally learns the truth. That their ‘god’ was not to be feared, after all.  All this time, he was to be taken as the god of love and total forgiveness. And that’s what we all should be. Creatures of love and forgiveness. At the very moment we arrive in Paradise, or whatever you want to call it. Call me a Pollyanna. Call me weird. Call me crazy.  Doesn’t matter. As long as I see the light and arrive in my version of Paradise.  By the way, my creator has created physical life. On many, many other planets in the infinite cosmos. Millions. Billions. Trillions. Life abounds. What can be more thrilling than that? Especially if we all end up in a spiritual Paradise. Call me an optimist. A believer. Better that than living in fear of the gods. How’s that? For a refreshing outlook on life and eternity. --Jim Broede

No comments: