Saturday, February 4, 2017

Beyond belief.

I’m an explorer. Of two worlds. The inner world and the outer world.  And most of my time is spent in the inner world. Which I find most fascinating. And so easily accessible.  And less hostile than the outer world. Though there’s some things nice to be said of both worlds. I list my occupation as writer. But if truth be told, I’m more explorer than writer.  I suspect that most of us were born to be explorers. Otherwise, we would merely be going through the motions of living. That may apply, too, to those who rarely, if ever, venture into the inner world. That’s where I have made my most profound discoveries.  Such as the existence of an intangible spirit, also known as soul. I suspect that’s my real being, my real self.  It’s there.  Behind my façade. Otherwise known as my physical shell.  Which eventually crumbles into nothingness. It has no lasting relevance. A spirit/soul is eternal. Little wonder. That’s why I am motivated to explore the inner world.  It captures my imagination.  Beyond belief. --Jim Broede

No comments: