Sunday, February 5, 2017

If my dreams came true.

I like people. Who agree to disagree. In nice ways. Too bad. That isn’t a way of political life. Politicians have learned to be nasty to each other.  To take no prisoners. It’s their way, or the highway. No room for compromise. The world has to be divided. Into winners and losers. Of course, I don’t like it. But I have no influence in the matter. Stuff happens. And I walk away. Annoyed and disappointed. But I’m trying. To not let it bother me at all. To accept the world and politics. Exactly as they are. If I had my way. I’d redesign American government. With a brand new modern-day constitution.  I’d promote a parliamentary form. With proportional representation. Where coalitions form. To accomplish the common good. Ah, a prevailing spirit of camaraderie. And human decency.  Wouldn’t it be nice? If my dreams came true. --Jim Broede

No comments: