Thursday, March 16, 2017

A message in a bottle.

To think. Is to discipline one’s self. To practice. Being alive. I can’t think of a better thing to do. At 4 o’clock in the morning. Oh, I could go back to bed   And fall asleep. But I’d rather have fun. Occupying my mind. With thought.  About anything. To prove. To myself. That I am alive. And I am showing you, too. With the written word. At this very moment. As you read these words. I have lured you in. To my brief message. In a bottle. Now it’s your turn. To stuff a note. Into the bottle. And launch it. In the current. For the random chance.  Of discovery. That’s how it happened. Almost nine years ago. When my Italian amore and I. Discovered each other. Yes, some things are meant to be. Such as messages. Found in a bottle. Yes. Yes. Life is amazing. --Jim Broede

No comments: