Wednesday, March 15, 2017

It's called love.

 I presume that many Christians keep asking themselves: What would Jesus do in any given situation? Of course, one doesn’t need be a Christian to pose such a query. I’ve  often asked. With surprising and gratifying results. Learning that Jesus, much like the creator himself, is one of the guys. One wouldn’t hesitate sitting down with him. And having a beer. Or a glass of wine. I’ve often imagined a conversation with Jesus. It felt so real. And enlightening. He’s guided me. To where I am today. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. He keeps telling me. That there are many ways to the truth. Seek and ye shall find. And this is what I’ve found. I’m comfortable with being a free-lancer. Maybe as comfortable as a fundamentalist Christian. Jesus seems to think that we are both right. In our own unique ways. He wants us to learn to respect each other. It’s called love. –Jim Broede

No comments: