Friday, March 31, 2017

Makes me a lucky guy.

I have multiple priorities. Always have. Always will. As for my No. 1 priority. That varies from day to day. Generally, I put something that makes me happy. At the top of the list. Well-wishing friends encourage me to emphasize my health. Especially since I had carotid artery surgery 10 days ago. I really don’t need to be pushed on that matter. I’ve always taken good care of myself. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. Anyway, I’m back to walking 10 miles a day. Two days after the surgery I drove my car back home. Alone. A trip of 30 miles. With permission of my surgeon, of course. Fact is, I need no favors. I do my own shopping. Cook my own meals. Do the daily household chores. Tend to my beloved cat Marcello. Read the New York Times. Books, too. Mostly novels. And give advice. To some of my dearest friends. Including Rosie. A staunch supporter of Donald Trump. Much to my consternation. Good thing. Rosie tolerates me. And I tolerate her. That’s what friends are supposed to do. Rosie tries to steer me off the subject of Trump. Maybe because she fears Trump will raise my blood pressure. And slow my recovery from surgery. Believe me. I can handle it all. Trump doesn’t faze me. Despite the fact that he’s an evil man. It would be nice. If Rosie concurred. But Rosie is stubborn. Plus, she has her own independent mind. Seems that fits the description of most of my friends. Makes me a lucky guy. --Jim Broede

No comments: