Sunday, March 26, 2017

You make my day.

Look at it this way, folks. When we challenge each other. In matters of religion, politics and life. It’s good. Because we need to be challenged. Put to the test. Disagreement is a good thing. You may convince me. To take a closer look at your side of the argument. And to shift my position. A little closer to yours. Or you may help me solidify staying exactly where  I am.  On the far left politically, for instance. You will have done me a favor. No matter the result. It’s nice that you would take the effort to sway me. Especially if it’s in a well-meaning way. I have already made  a favorable judgment about you. That you are well-meaning and decent. Based in large part on the positive vibes that you exude. I trust you. More and more. Every day. Even when we disagree on this and that. It’s a nice feeling. When you make my day. That’s the way human relationships should be. You aren’t my clone. Good reason to like you. That’s a high compliment, you know. --Jim Broede

No comments: