Sunday, April 30, 2017

No more hesitation.

Always. There’s stuff going wrong. And stuff going right. That’s the nature of life. It isn’t a continuous smooth journey. But I have the option. To put my primary focus on the right stuff. Yes, to steer myself. To the good side. And away from the bad side. I have a friend. Haunted by the bad stuff. She can’t let it go. Without a struggle. More often than not. She loses the battle. Wrecks her day. An entire week. A month. Maybe her entire life. I coach her. Tell her what I do. By taking charge of life. Setting an example. But only she can take control of her life. Nobody can do it for her. I can’t intercede. No matter how hard I try. Wish I could. She has to do it. From within. I can enter only my being. Not hers. I can try to persuade her. With words. To take up the cudgel. But ultimately, it’s her decision. Her's alone. To make the move. To happiness. To the precious good life. That’s my message. Go to it. Take  charge. No more hesitation. --Jim Broede

No comments: