Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Forgive me, please.

I’m not supposed to be annoyed. Over Donald Trump. Or so my sister Babs and good friend Rosie tell me. They say take life in buoyant stride. And focus on the pleasantries. The stuff going right in the world. Yes, I’m instructed to ignore their hero, Trump. Well and good for them to give me such astute advice. Nevertheless, I choose to be annoyed. Even on the verge of anger.  It’s hard for usually easy-going me to tolerate the existence of a jerk of the magnitude of Trump.  Sorry about that. I try to love my enemies.  With some success. But I can’t find an ounce of love in my heart. For a jerk. Yes, a rose is a rose is a rose. Unfortunately, it’s also true that a jerk is a jerk is a jerk. Worse than a mere enemy. Forgive me, please, for being a jerk, too. A judgmental jerk. --Jim Broede

No comments: