Wednesday, May 24, 2017

In getting through life.

I risk being opinionated. I often let people know. Where I stand. On controversial political, economic and social issues. I’ll even give Blue Skies personal advice. In dealing with life. My intent. In speaking out. On most anything. Is to stir thought. In constructive and positive ways. To cause no harm. That doesn’t always happen. I can be misconstrued. That’s the risk of being opinionated. Of course, one could play it safe.  And not risk speaking one’s mind. But I would hate going through life that way. I’d rather take the chance. Of making a fool of myself. Of not only appearing to be stupid. But actually being stupid. I’ve been known to offend people. Sometimes when I don’t mean to. But such problems can be solved. With honest and heartfelt explanations. Other times, I don’t mind being a little bit nasty. And funny, too. I encourage my friends. And even strangers. To be themselves. And not to worry about offending the likes of me. I can take it. Because most of the time they are being honest. They are willing to take risks. In getting through life. --Jim Broede

No comments: