Saturday, May 13, 2017

Never knowing it all.

I love to meet total strangers. Because I know so little about them. I come into the encounter.  With few, if any, preconceived ideas. About who and what they are. It’s as if we’re starting from scratch. With a clean slate. I form a first impression. Hopefully, with mostly an open and objective mind. I’m there to listen. To inquire. To satisfy my curiosity. I don’t want us to remain total strangers. I’ve learned that first impressions often miss the target.  It takes time. To really get to know anyone. Even my best friends. Even after many years, I keep learning new stuff. That tells me something. There’s always something new to learn. Even about my true love, Cristina. Always. Always. Something new. And profound. I am even learning something new about myself. After 81 years of learning. I’ll never know it all.--Jim Broede

No comments: